Sunday, June 24, 2012

First day of singlemomhood

Today is a sad day for me and the kids.  Jer left for a two month job in Sudbury.  I'm so incredibly sad.  The most we've been away from him in the last 7.5 years is like 2 nights!  It's hard...Jonah cried the hardest, Marryn doesn't quite understand yet.  I'm trying to keep it together for them.

People have had kind words like "it's not that long" or "it will go by quickly" or "take it one day at a time"....it's very nice of them to try and cheer me up so I will feel better but today, I'm just going to own the sadness I have.

He's my best friend.  We do everything together.  I'm going to miss him more than words can express.

I'm looking forward to the end of this....I cannot wait to have my husband, my children's father and my best friend back as a permanent fixture in our home!

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder....I'm not sure it's possible to be "fonder" of him than I already am...I love him with my entire being already.  My heart is a bit broken today.  I know it's temporary but still...this is one of the hardest things ever...

So...worst summer ever...be done now!!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a way he can come and visit for a day or two somewhere in the middle of the 2 months? I don't know how far away Sudbury is from where you live. I'd be really bummed if Paul was going away for 2 months. I get bummed when he goes away for one week. The longest we were ever apart during our 10.5 year marriage was 20 days (in April 2012). It was tough. Being a single parent is NOT easy. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not sure if he'll get any time off yet or not...we're hoping to go up there for a few days to see him though since Jonah's birthday is at the end of July. Sudbury is a 6 hour drive North of here. Thanks Ruth!! I hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete