Sunday, July 1, 2012

Filling the spaces in between...

It's been one week since Jer left for Sudbury. Despite talking every single day, it's still hard to go to bed without him here. I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do anything at all though I'm sure the heat and the fact that my anxiety is through the roof right now doesn't really help that much. I made a Dr.'s appt for next week to talk to him about the anxiety. It hasn't been this bad in years and I know it's because of everything that has gone on in the last two weeks with having the baby and what not but I think I may need a little help balancing out my hormones and anxiety.

Aside from that I've just been trying to keep myself and the kids busy. I bought myself a couple of girly movies (The Help and Bridesmaids) to pass the time when I am alone (when the kids are sleeping or when they sleep at my in laws). We've filled the spaces with soccer and hockey. I took them to the Drive In on Friday night and we saw Brave (which is a great movie and I recommend anyone go see it!). Yesterday was a bonfire at Jer's dads and then the two youngers slept over while I came home and watched Bridesmaids with my best friend after she got off work. I've also filled the spaces by helping her look for apartments and will be filling some more spaces by helping her pack. She's moving out of her current place on July 15th so that will help pass some time as well.

Coming up to fill the spaces are 3 birthday parties (Jonah's friend, my first surroson is turning 4 and then Marryn's friend), an appt on Wednesday for me, soccer practice that evening, hockey the next night, the Drive In again to see Madagascar 3 this time, soccer game Saturday, more soccer and hockey the next week, possibly Marineland that week, then the 24th I have to meet with Cian's parents and a lawyer to finish up the final paperwork for his declaration of parentage, after that my mom and I are going to take the kids to Black Creek Pioneer Village. I have my 6 week check up the next day.

Then, on the 26th, Jonah's birthday, we will be heading up to Sudbury for a week for sure, possibly longer. We're staying for sure until the 2nd. If Jer's dad decides to go up for the civic holiday weekend, we'll stay for that weekend as well. Jer could possibly be finished on the 6th which means we'd all come home together (and this is what I'm ultimately hoping for!). If not, he'll be done somewhere around the 20th and we'll just come home and finish filling in more spaces until he gets home! Likely with more Drive In trips and what not.

This week has gone by faster than I expected it would (thankfully!) and I'm really hoping that with all the things we're planning to do, it will continue to go pretty quickly.

I'm very thankful for our iPhones, we're in contact every moment we can be. He says the work is relatively easy which I'm glad for him. He just moved into the Dorms at Cambrian College which is nicer than the Inn he was staying at and he has laundry facilities and his own bedroom here instead of sharing an open room with another guy. At least there is a wall separating their sleeping quarters now! They still share the kitchenette and bathroom but that's not so bad. We'll be staying there as well when we go up so we'll all be able to be in the same place!!

So, we're counting down the days!! 25 to go until we leave for Sudbury!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment