Thursday, July 5, 2012

More space filling

Jer got off a couple of hours early on Monday since it was a holiday and we stay up until 3 am talking.  I really needed that and so did he, it was nice to not have a time limit and just "be" with each other even though we're so far apart.

This time away from each other, while hard, has been good as well.  Not that I didn't before, but I appreciate even more now, just how much he really does for our family.  I miss him so so much when he's not here for the little things like singing at bedtime or just hanging out on the couch or going to get fresh vegetables from our road side stand that we always go to.  I miss the hugs and kisses he liberally gives to me on a daily basis.  I even miss his snoring.  This time away has definitely helped me realize the things I do take advantage of when he's here (like yesterday when Jonah got bit by the dog down the street and I spent 3.5 hours in urgent care waiting for them to stitch him up....with Marryn.  Who is three.  And antsy....all.  the time.  It would have been much easier had one of us been here to take Jonah and one of us watch Marryn).

Speaking of Jonah being bit by a dog...ya that was fun...NOT.  He only had small puncture wounds on his hand but they were pretty deep (the neighbours dog is a doberman) and he needed one stitch in the top and one in the bottom.  Poor guy, he was so brave.  He didn't even cry until they mentioned stitching him.  They x-ray'd it to make sure nothing was broken as well and thankfully nothing was.  He will be staying away from the neighbours house for a while I'm sure!!  Normally the dog is fine but Jonah stuck his hand in the house from outside, while the dog had a bone and I guess the dog thought there was a threat of some kind.  The neighbour came and apologized profusely and let us know the dog was all up to date on his shots thank goodness so we don't have to worry about rabies or anything.  But he can't swim until he gets the stitches out in 10 days....and it's SO hot here right now :(  He's in good spirits though...my little trooper.

As for me, I have good days and bad days.  Yesterday?  Bad day.  It started with me going to the Dr's first thing in the morning, only to be met by the resident Dr. and told that my Dr. hadn't returned from his hospital rounds so "would it be ok if I talked to you instead?"...I was reluctant being that I was there to talk to him about some pretty personal stuff.  But she talked me into it...little did I know that I wouldn't be seeing my Dr. at all...I thought he would come in after but that was not the case.  Because I was there for anxiety related issues, I started to cry.  I felt totally ridiculous.  She gave me some medication for my anxiety and a prescription for massage therapy which I will start today.  I've been waking up with headaches in the mornings and it is most certainly related to these horrible knots I have in my neck and shoulders!!  With the flood gates (my tear ducts) open, I couldn't do much to stop them once it started :(  I haven't cried since probably Sunday so I knew it was coming.  Jer called me and comforted me (as he always is able to ♥) and then I just came home to chill out for the day....instead we went to the urgent care a few hours later lol....yeah, bad day yesterday!

Hopefully today will be better.  I have massage therapy at 1 and then James has hockey tonight at 6:30.  I was hoping to go to the Drive In again tonight but unfortunately there is nothing for the kids playing that we haven't seen already....the only thing for kids playing is Brave which we saw last week...I'm thinking maybe we'll hit the Cineplex in the falls and watch Madagascar 3 in 3D instead.  Probably much cooler!

We're also all trying to beat the heat here.  I haven't had the air conditioning on because I'm pretty sure the filter needs to be changed and was making me feel funny last week.  I've kept it off and felt pretty good other than being sweaty so I'm trying to avoid putting it on.  Tomorrow, however, may be a different story.  It's supposed to be 35 here with a humidex making it feel like 43.  :/  We may have to put it on for a bit tomorrow just so we don't all melt!!!

I hope it's cooler wherever you are!!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment