Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Plans on hold

So Jer got laid off again on Friday after only being at this new job for 11 weeks.  It totally sucks because now he's at the bottom of the out of work list and there are about 170 people ahead of him with no job.  *sigh*  I thought we were finally getting somewhere...we went from 7 credit cards down to 2 and only one with any balance on it, we had savings, we had a plan.  We went to the bank and talked about a mortgage and it went well but we had decided to wait until he got his raise in November.  Now that raise will not come for an extra however long he's off.

I was pretty disappointed on Friday and in a terrible mood on Saturday.  Took me a little bit to bounce back but I'm ok today.  Our plan is no longer, we have to reconfigure it in a bunch of different ways and it's definitely going to take longer now.  I hate when stuff takes longer!!

Other than that though, our weekend was great!  The weather was incredible and we had the baseball tournament, visited friends at their campsite and Jer and the kids helped open his parents pool while I cleaned the house, then we had a BBQ there and took Jonah to soccer.  James spent all day on Saturday at Canada's Wonderland with his girlfriend.  I'm thankful we had the savings to dip into to be able to buy his ticket and give him $60 for spending money so that it would be a really great day for him.  After soccer last night (where James met up with his girlfriend and took off on us again lol, such is the life of a teenager I guess), we took the kids with Jer's sister and her boyfriend for some ice cream and then went and helped my best friend put up a pool in her backyard.

I feel like I need a vacation from our long weekend!!  It was fun though.  Jer and I did a ghost walk in Niagara on the Lake on Friday night too which was so much fun!!  I love stuff like that and it was perfect weather for it as well.

This week we're not doing a whole lot...cubs tonight, hockey on Thursday as well as a Dr's appointment for me and lunch with baby's mom and her dad who is here from England.  It's her birthday Thursday so it should be a nice lunch :)

Only a month until Marryn's 3rd birthday already!  We're planning to have a small party again at Jer's dads.  I can't believe how fast it's gone!  And then just 2 weeks after that school is out!  This year is flying by!  I'm looking forward to our camping trip in August and our Florida trip in October...I can't wait!!!

Happy "Monday" that's actually a Tuesday!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment