Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Feeling grateful

Last night was a pretty hard one for me.  And I am oh-so-grateful for my wonderful husband for being there for me even when he wants to be sleeping instead.

I have a condition called Restless Leg Syndrome when I'm pregnant.  I haven't always had it, it's only been in the last three pregnancies but it is extremely annoying and keeps me awake at night yet is worse when I'm tired.

On Sunday night, I couldn't sleep through it (usually I can) and I was up until after 2 am because of it.  I came down to the couch so as not to disturb my husband because he had to work in the morning.  My sleep was broken once I finally did get some and I was up at 6:45 to take him to work.  So I was running on about 4 hours of broken sleep yesterday (and still managed to do everything I got done yesterday which is a new record for me I think, especially being pregnant!).

Then last night, it did it again.  To the point where I completely lost my shit.  I was sobbing and I was just soooo frustrated that I couldn't sleep yet that's all I wanted to do!!

My extremely wonderful, loving, amazing husband got up, got my stuff from the couch (where I was heading for the 2nd night in a row), comforted me until I stopped crying and then rubbed my legs until I could finally fall asleep.

He is the most amazing person I know.  To say I am grateful is like 1 sprinkle on top of an ice cream sundae.  I am so extremely grateful, thankful and any other words to describe it that it is totally immeasurable.

I could never doubt his love for me, especially when he does things like this.

So, to my husband, thank you.  For loving me as much as you do and for supporting me in everything I do (even when you'd rather be and should be sleeping!).  You are simply amazing and I love you more than words can describe.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Awww..I'm sorry that you have to deal with this RLS, but I'm so touched that you're married to such an incredibly awesome guy!

    ReplyDelete