Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Van, house, camping

Well, we go and sign the papers for the new van tonight and should be able to pick it up tomorrow, if not for sure on Friday :)  I'm so excited!!!  I'll post pictures when we get it.

The guy who's email address wasn't working finally emailed again and I was able to send him an email to a valid address so I'm hoping to set something up for Thursday or Friday night to go and see it.  It's a 4 bedroom in a GREAT neighbourhood.  The master bedroom has an en suite with jacuzzi tub and there is a hot tub.  All the appliances are stainless steel.  The backyard is fully fenced in.  This is really the perfect place for us!  Please pray or send us positive vibes that the stars align and it works out!!  Jonah would also be going to a new school where a couple of his friends already go, one of which would be in his class so it would be a smooth transition for him as well!

Yesterday I booked our campsite for August.  We're going for 9 days at a conservation area not too far from here.  We'll be going Friday to the following Sunday.  Jer is going to go to work during the week still so he said he wanted the two weekends to actually camp.  I'm kind of hoping he'll take each of the Friday's off to give him a little more time off but we'll see what he thinks of that when we actually get there.  He tends to not like to take time off!

I'm looking in to buying a Dutch Oven for this trip.  Since he'll be away from the Monday to the Friday during the trip, I'm hoping to have dinner ready for him when he gets home and I've found a great website with TONS of Dutch Oven recipes on it.  I've never cooked with one on an open fire but I've be dying to try it!  I'm also hoping to get a couple more pie irons as we only have 2 and we LOVE them.  We'll likely have those for dinner more than once on our trip!!  I love camping and I'm SOOO looking forward to it this year, especially now that Marryn is a bit older.  Our site has partial shade and I want to bring a little baby pool with us so that she can play in that while we're just hanging out at the site.  There is a beach but I'll need to make lunches and dinners at the site and she won't be able to wander like her brother's so I wanted something to keep her occupied.  I did the same thing for Jonah when we went camping when he was 4 and he loved it!

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment