Monday, March 5, 2012

Becoming a housewife (again)...

Put aside the whole stereotypical view of the "housewife".  In my opinion, it's not a horrible job to have.  I love it and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  And now that my husband has gone back to work, I can go back to my favourite job, my dream job, being a mom and wife.

Certain things in the last 6-8 months have had us at odds...not so much with ourselves but with the world and with other people.  I was feeling mean and nasty and angry and that's NOT who I want to be and that is NOT who I want to portray to my kids.  I've decided to let it all go and really focus on the important things.  I had to look at all of the situations and think, "Is this going to matter in 5 years?"...and every time, for every situation, the answer was no, not really.  So, away it goes.  Filed away, never to be forgotten but not to be dwelled upon either.

From my last post, you know I am expecting for a wonderful couple who have been waiting for a baby for several years.  Despite their best efforts and their positive pregnancy tests, they were never able to see the dream to fruition.  And that's where I come in.  I'm helping them realize their dreams by growing their much loved, much wanted baby in my uterus.  I'm extremely happy and proud to be able to do this!  To have the ability and mental capacity to be able to do this.  And, as I have done the last 2 times I've done this, I have made friends for life.  I get to see a family grow and there is nothing more amazing than that!  This pregnancy has been pretty good but not without it's scares...I had some bleeding on February 10th and it was pretty frightening.  Ultrasound shows that my placenta is laying about 1 cm from my cervix which was likely the cause of it.  Because of that I'm off of work under Dr.'s orders.  It should correct itself over the next few weeks though and if for some reason it doesn't the worst case scenario is that I have to have a c-section.  Other than that, baby is healthy and happily kicking away and I'm enjoying what will be the last time I ever carry a baby!

Rambling on...as I said at the beginning of this post, my husband was finally, after 6 months, called back to work.  Months ago, we had decided, number of reasons, that once he went back to work, I would come back and be the stay at home mom again.  Being off already made the transition seamless.  Being on our old schedule (with some minor changes for James' ball hockey, Jonah's dance and kubs and eventually Marryn's swimming lessons now that we have renewed our Y pass), sitting at the table for dinner every night, then bath's, singing and bedtime has been really good for all of us.  I've taken over most of the chores again and (due to one of the situations I mentioned above) have really focused on making sure things stay clean and clutter free.  It feels great to come downstairs in the morning and not trip on shoes or have to worry about doing dishes!  The kids are enjoying it too since they have less to clean up now as well lol...

Things have really been put into perspective for us.  And we've realized what's important, what's not, who we are as individuals and who we are as a couple.  Things were really laid out on the table and the bottom line was we really love each other, love being together and love our amazing children.  We're far closer now than we ever have been.  The situations we've gone through in the last little while has only solidified our relationship and made us stronger and closer.  When things are tough, we can say to each other, if we can make it through this, we can make it through anything!!!

My heart is overflowing.... :)

2 comments:

  1. Through thick and thin... How wonderful that you have that kind of marriage!! Trials are NOT fun to go through, but they can make us stronger in the end. I'm glad that you can be a SAHM and that you love it so much. I hope to become one when baby #3 arrives on the scene in a few months! :-) I'm glad your dh got a job, and I hope your placenta previa resolves on its own. I had that with Nadia, and it resolved on its own. So you won't be a surro again? It's such a gift that you've done this for these families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth! No I won't be a surro again, my uterus is tired now lol

    ReplyDelete