Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for many, many things in my life, some big, some little....these are some of them today!

1.  Obviously, my children.  Without them, I wouldn't be who I am and my life would be extremely dull!  They light up our lives in more ways than we can count.

2.  My husband.  Without him, I wouldn't be where I am today.  He's helped me have the courage to do so very many things.  He's been my rock when I thought I could just float away.  He's been my soft cushion when I needed somewhere to land.  And I have been all those things to him as well.  We're a great team and I'm looking foward to many, many years of marriage with him.

3.  The spring weather we've been having!  Having the doors open with the breeze blowing through motivates and energizes me.  I clean things that normally fall to the wayside when it's nice like that!

4.  The rainy day today.  I've been extremely busy getting things done around here in the last 3-ish weeks that I think today, Marryn and I will snuggle on the couch and watch TV or read.  We need a do-nothing sort of day (that is after the kitchen and livingroom is picked up!).

5.  Finally (for today) I'm thankful that we have the means to go on Saturday and look at buying a new vehicle.  Our van now has several issues (the windows stick when going up, the gas gage doesn't work, #3 setting on the heater doesn't work, the power steering system has a leak, the breaks and squealing and just yesterday we noticed a weird clunking noise that we don't know where it's coming from!) and because we're going to be driving to Florida in October, we are definitely in need of a new van!  We're hoping for a Dodge Grand Caravan...I want the windows that go down in the back and he wants the stow and go seating :)  I'm excited!!

Again, those are just 5 of the many things I am thankful for.  I'll likely do this more on Thursdays.  It's important to remember the wonderful things, especially when for the last little while I've been very focused on the negative things happening.

Changing my perspective helps me be a better person...to myself, to my husband, to my children!

2 comments:

  1. I`m usually a lurker, but had to comment. We have a Dodge Caravan too and recently took it on a roadtrip. Couldn`t be happier with it. The kids love it too, now if only we could keep it clean! =). Best of luck on your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We went to a used dealership yesterday and they are searching for one for us and said they should have one by mid next week :) Thanks for the info and comment!!!

    ReplyDelete